Wednesday, February 3, 2010

First Baptist Church, Leesburg, Florida

THESE ARE INCREDIBLE TESTIMONIES OF HOW GOD HAS BEEN WORKING IN THE HEARTS OF HIS PEOPLE HERE AT FIRST BAPTIST, LEESBURG. IF YOU ARE PART OF OUR SUPPORT TEAM, YOU ARE READING THE RETURN ON YOUR INVESTMENT!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING US AS WE TRAVEL THIS NATION SHARING GOD'S HEART FOR THE CHURCH.... WE LOVE YOU!!

"I struggle with a drug addiction that has nearly claimed my life several times. Today, I have been clean for over 6 months, but I still struggle with the wreckage from my past and the deep rooted battle with sin in my life. The Lord, through the Life Action team, and by His power and grace, has awakened me to the hope and knowledge that I can serve our Lord Jesus Christ in a mighty way despite where my addiction has taken me. I have been convicted of the hate and selfishness in my heart, and the team inspired me to give all of myself to the Lord. I am now praying diligently for God to give me guidance and show me how I may be of service and further the message of the gospel to those who are currently where I once was. God has begun to work on my heart and break the pattern of me seeking to satisfy my selfish and sinful desires, and my wholeness is found in Jesus Christ."

"Before this conference, God found me lacking in joy. There were many things I was continuing to put before Him that hindered my dependence on Him. I truly wanted more intimacy with Him and I have been brought to His throne in a new and refreshing way, trusting Him for all provisions and realizing I was not giving my husband the place of respect I should."

"I have been bitter and angry with my husband. We are both believers, but we are struggling big time. These nights "and the ladies luncheon have reminded me of the steps I need to take. The words and notes are invaluable to my quiet times. I must go slowly through the list of things I need forgiven of. My husband doesn't treat me right, but I have been wrong. God held me accountable for me. Thank you for laying a path out for me to follow. Today for the first time in a long time, I sense a mustard seed sized bit of hope in my heart."

"Following Sunday, I was convicted about how I had allowed my mornings to become more involved with the world than with God. The next morning, I refused to check e-mail, voice mail, or even watch the news. I filled my morning with prayer, meditation, and eating breakfast. I was missing my time with God!! That has changed!! Folliwing the 2nd day of the conference, I used the message handout to read through the Scriptures. I discovered so many sins in my life. Hours of Scripture, reflection, and prayer now fill my mornings. I know this is something I really needed. I soon expect to have a church to pastor. I will never forget this revival time. Thank you."

"Thank you for getting my attention!! I have been saved for nearly 20 years. I go to church regularly and tithe. However, I'm far from where I know God wants me to be. In regards to my time, talents, and treasures, there is so much more I can and need to do for the kingdom of God. I think I'm beginning to get it finally thanks to four straight days with the team. Thank you, Lord, for waking me up and refreshing me."

"The most important thing God has revealed to me this week is in the area of forgiveness. I have been married for two years, but the whole first year, we were separated. The enemy led me to believe there was someone better for me. I was committing adultery and wasn't even thinking twice. God has brought me home and He has set me free from my sinful nature. I know that I am forgiven and my husband and I are working on our marriage with Christ in the center. He deserves all the glory because only He can fix a broken soul."

"God has spoken to me about resolving the issued between my father and myself. He (God) has told me to write a letter to my father several times and express my feelings, but I have been stubborn. I would write the letter, but always failed to put it in the mail. Well, that has all changed today. I wrote the letter, but not as harshly as the past ones. I asked him for forgiveness and told him I forgave him. I have every intention of putting it in the mail first thing tomorrow. Maybe, I need to write it several times to get it just right. Thank you, God, for everything you have done for me and everything you will do."

No comments: