Sunday, September 25, 2011

Testimonies from Flushing, Michigan

"Wow! So much has been going on in my heart and life these past few days. I can't possibly express what has happened, but I'll try to share just a few. First, my husband and I have been married 49+ years but there has not been any joy in my heart as I look toward our 50th anniversary. Bitterness, selfishness, pride, resentment - I could go on, but I think you get the picture. This week, the Lord has been peeling off layer after layer of sin and revealing these sins in our lives. The Lord is healing our marriage!! There is still much to work on, but it is a beginning. Also, depression and anxiety has plagued me for years and I felt as if I had a huge hole in my heart. God is filling that hole with His love and grace. I no longer need the prescription drugs!! Praise His name!!"
"God has spoken to me about assuring that I pour Scripture into my children. My sons and I sat down after school yesterday and today and discussed God, Scripture and how we spend our time. He has also prompted me to live more generously. Yesterday, I offered cookies to some neighbor kids that were outside. Today, I took a bowl of tomatoes from my garden to our elderly neighbors. I stayed and talked with them for about a half hour and was very blessed. God is prompting me to ask forgiveness of several people all whom I hurt 26 years ago!! It will require getting a secret out in the open. I am fasting and praying about this. Thank you for using your time and talent for the Lord. God is doing a great work in my life and in my family."
"I have been feeling overwhelmed with life. I have a husband in poor health and unable to help with daily tasks. I find it hard to not be angry at God for my prolonged circumstances and at myself for not keeping up. The anger spills over to my husband with a lack of respect for him and also to my son, who is homeschooled, and is with me 24/7. God has convinced me that I can rest in Him and I don't need to "keep up." I have resolved to let the other things go and sit at His feet. "
"God was never real to me until this THIRST conference. I have grown up in the church since before I could remember and I prayed a prayer for salvation around age 4, but I never truly loved Jesus until yesterday through the message of the revivalist. God has revealed himself to me. I had my first real devotional time this morning, and for the first time, I was certain He listened as I poured out my heart to Him. I feel so joyful and I keep bursting into tears simply because I'm so happy. I have no doubt in my mind that God sent you to minister to me and help change my life. To God be the glory!!"
"God has given me the desire to seek Him more and put away the things that have consumed hours of my time that I could be spending with Him in His Word and prayer and doing the things that I have neglected in my home and with work. I have been reminded of God's grace to supply my needs when I give to others of my time, talent and treasures. I want Him to have 1st place in my life."
"Thank you for being here! God has really touched my heart during this time. I am a pastors kid and I have been mad at the church and at God. It can get hard, but you have really helped me. I was not acting like a real Christian and I was being a fake. Your youth revivalist helped me deal with some of the feelings."

No comments: